6 Essential Questions to Answer When Documenting Your Business
In order to have consistent day-to-day execution in our business, we need the right people in the right seats doing the right tasks the right way every-single-day.
Easy concept to grasp … Harder concept to implement and maintain.
This isn’t the fun and flashy side of business … It’s the down-n-dirty, nitty-gritty that ignites momentum, stabilizes operations, and powers strong profit margins.
As you read the rest of this message …
Think of ONE process in your business that happens more than 3 times per month and has more than 3 steps.
This could be … How you onboard investors … How you vet deals … How you build your brand … How you create social media content …
With that ONE workflow in mind … Ask yourself each question for each step in that process.
- Who owns this step?
- Who’s involved in this step internally and externally?
- Who needs to be notified when this step is started or completed?
- What single action must be completed at this step?
- What does success look like?
- What tools, technology, or resources are required to complete this step?
- When does this step start and stop?
- When does this step need to be completed by?
- When is this step skipped, if ever?
- Where does this step take place – phone, video, in-person, on-site, office?
- Where is this step documented or reported?
- Where are the supporting resources stored?
- Why is this step important for driving revenue?
- Why is this step important for retention?
- Why is this step important for efficiency?
- How could this step fail?
- How can we ensure this step does not fall through the cracks?
- How can we make this step simpler and more intuitive to execute?
It’s VERY rare that I meet an entrepreneur who loves thinking through these questions at nauseam for each step in their business.
If that’s you … I get it …
Most Visionary leaders enjoy the fun & flashy and prefer leaving the nitty-gritty to their Integrators. Send this along to them to help empower your back-office operations.
I hope these questions help your team operationalize your day-to-day tasks so that you can get more done, reduce stress, run a well-oiled machine, and motivate ownership!
Cheers to running a systematized business this year!
If you want to wake up at the end of 2024 ACHIEVING more while also BECOMING more, consider getting sh!t done with a tribe on the same mission …
Playing our way to success!
Rooting for you and your business 2024!