Social Systems: Nurturing the Relationships We Need to Scale
Can we just tell you about the real secret sauce for building a business that stands the test of time?
Surprisingly, it’s NOT about having the best product or service. It’s not even about having the most money or resources. It’s about having strong social systems in place.
Social systems are the relationships between the people touching your business.
They’re the glue that holds everything together. When you have strong social systems, your business is more productive, collaborative, and loyal.
Let’s dig into some thoughts around why social systems matter so much, and how you can nurture them in your own business…
Why Social Systems Matter
There are infinite reasons why social systems matter so much in business but here are our top three:
- Create a sense of community and belonging. This is important for team and tribe morale, productivity, and impact.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration. This is essential for getting things done in a business and for driving the mission forward.
- Scale trust and loyalty. This is important for attracting and retaining top talent and members.
How to Nurture Social Systems
Here are a few ways to nurture social systems in order to create a sense of community, encourage collaboration and build trust and loyalty in your own business:
- Foster a sense of purpose and community by leading with your values and mission. Keep the main thing the main thing … so that people who believe what you believe want to come with you.
- Encourage collaboration and communication by creating opportunities for people to work together towards a common goal. Whether it’s a team rallying towards a specific outcome or a tribe of members striving for a collective cause.
- Build trust and loyalty by being open and honest along the journey. It’s never all good or all bad … leading by example, modeling navigating struggle and emerging united and stronger will help everyone grow together.
Social systems are essential for the success of any business. By nurturing these systems, we can be more synergistic, engaged, and efficient.
Here are some bonus nuggets on social systems:
- Social systems are not just about making friends. They’re also about building relationships that can drive new levels of success personally and within the business.
- Social systems can be formal or informal. There’s no right or wrong way to build social systems in your business. The most important thing is to create a culture where people feel comfortable connecting with each other.
- Social systems take time and effort to build. But they’re worth it. When strong social systems are set in place, EVERYONE benefits.
Dive Deeper …
YOU’RE INVITED to Join our Upcoming Exclusive Webinar>>>
Join us on Thursday, August 24
1:00 PM EST | 12:00 PM CST
We’re excited for you to join us and together we can continue investing in the future of our business success.