How to Fix Fractured Systems in Your Business
Do you ever feel like your business is becoming a mess? Like you’re constantly putting out fires and never getting ahead?
If so, you’re not alone.
We see a lot of businesses suffer from, what we’ve come to call … fractured systems, which can lead to a lot of pain and frustration.
What are Fractured Systems?
Fractured systems happen when our business processes are not aligned. And this happens because …
- Lack of Consistent Planning: When we don’t have a clear plan for how our business operates day-to-day or have too many ideas being prioritized at once, it’s easy for things to fall apart.
- Poor Communication: When our team members are on the receiving end of unclear messaging, they’re not on the same page, and it can be difficult to get anything done efficiently.
- Lack of Accountability: When everybody, nobody, anybody or somebody is responsible for making sure things get done, it’s easy for tasks to slip through the cracks and lead to bottlenecks.
If you’ve read this far … we don’t have to tell you … fractured systems can cause a lot of pain in our businesses, not to mention kill our margins!
BUT, we’ll drive the point home just to be sure 😉
The PAIN of Fractured Systems
- Reduced Productivity: When our systems are fractured, it takes longer to get things done and it feels like we’re constantly playing wac-a-mole.
- Increased Stress: When things are falling apart, it can be stressful for everyone involved … and most days feels like Groundhog Day!
- Poor Leadership and Teamwork: When our systems are fractured, it can feel like 5-year olds playing soccer… but we’re adults! Not cute.
How to Fix Fractured Systems
The good news is that fractured systems can be fixed. Here are a few tips:
- Start by Planning: Take some time to sit down and map out your business processes and identify your biggest pain points & bottlenecks. This will help to identify any gaps or inefficiencies so you can develop better systems.
- Communicate Effectively: Make sure your team members are on the same page about your business processes and execution expectations. This will help to avoid confusion and misunderstandings.
- Leverage Your 5 Resources: We all have Time, Relationships, Money, Technology, and Skills. When we effectively leverage these resources we can increase productivity, reduce stress, and make better decisions.
- Take Disciplined Action: When we as leaders take undisciplined action, we’re modeling to our teams what we will accept. To get sustainable results in business, daily discipline is required.
Clearly, fractured systems can be a major pain for businesses, founders, and teams.
However, they can be fixed by taking the time to plan, communicate, and create a culture of high–accountability.
Next Steps …
I hope this message has been informative and thought-provoking.
The first step to making any lasting change is … awareness. Now that you can identify fractured systems, you can start taking steps to fix them.
When we encounter visionary entrepreneurs with fractured systems, we follow a 3-step process to restore business sanity and organize to scale.
For help implementing this 3-step process in your business, schedule a Business Growth Audit … Click here to schedule right now >>
We’re cheering for you as you organize your business and yourself to scale!